No matter what you do, do it from the heart with love… that’s the most important thing. Here are a few of my ideas:
- Breakfast in Bed! Buy the best coffee and croissants and spend your morning in bed… or maybe the day.
- Do-it-yourself flowers! Go to Dekalb Farmer’s Market and buy all the fixings to build your own bouquet for less than $25!
- Hide love notes and chocolate around the house.
- Go wine shopping. Then, sample your bounty with a great loaf of bread, cheese, and fruit.
- Picnic in the park
- Drive into the mountains and hike one of the park trails… especially one that ends with a waterfall view.
- Make your own truffles with the best quality chocolate, a bit of cream and butter. And, then enjoy the cleanup… licking the chocolate off of one another.
- Visit Scott Antique Market and wander through the aisles… lingering over collectibles. Share memories and make new ones.
- Be playful and go to the circus! www.ringling.com
- Have a BBQ. Grill up your favorite… steak, chicken, shrimp, salmon or veggie skewers. Later, toast marshmallows and make s’mores for dessert.
- Go to a make-your-own pottery shop and paint Valentine wishes on a mug or plate.
- Go lingerie shopping and watch each other model their favorites. And, make a purchase or two if you feel inspired.
- Make body paints with melted white chocolate and food coloring. Or, buy icing in a tube at the grocery store and have fun!
- Drive to Tybee Island and spend the day walking on the beach.
- Explore unknown areas of the city and find a new restaurant to try or shops to browse through.
- Visit vintage clothing stores, used/vintage book shops & record/cd shops and make something old new again.
- Go to the zoo and watch the animals. Or, visit the aquarium and stare in wonder at the wall of glass showcasing countless fish.
- Make, paint or draw something for each other.
- Bake cupcakes and decorate with love wishes or sexy (dirty) notes.
- Make white or dark chocolate fondue and feed each other marshmallows, strawberries, blueberries, pretzels, cookies, brownie bites, or cake squares coated in chocolate (I see dark chocolate fondue in me & my honey’s future)
Or, do nothing at all! Just enjoy each other’s company. Confident in each other’s love, no purchasing is necessary.
Whatever you do, make your love known. That’s all that matters.